Title: (various titles)
1) Makeout, 12 3/4 x 10 in. lithograph in seven colors
2) Heros?, 12 3/4 x 10 1/4 in. lithograph in nine colors
3) Ottoman, 13 x 9 1/2 in. lithograph in eleven colors
4) Pouter, 15 x 11 1/2 in. lithograph in seven colors
5) Schlupes, 12 x 9 1/2 in. lithograph in four colors
6) No title, 15 3/4 x 11 1/2 in. lithograph in nine colors
Edition: Edition of 40, boxed portfolio of six; 12 A.P., 4 P.P., 1 Archival Impression.
Release: November 2006
SIMONE SHUBUCK, (various titles), 2006, a suite of lithographs and first prints from the artist, printed by Maurice Sanchez of Derriere l’Etoile Studios, New York City. The portfolio of six lithographs is printed in up to eleven colors on Rives Heavyweight paper in an edition of 40 and co-published by I.C. Editions, Inc, New York City and Derriere l’Etoile Studios.
Simone Shubuck is at the forefront of a growing number of artists making paper their primary medium. Preferring to work on antique papers and stationary, Shubuck creates jewel-like collages using graphite and colored pencil, weaving together imagery inspired by the Viennese Secessionists, Indian miniatures of the Mogul Empire, Graffiti Art, and rap music. The work is obsessive, compulsive, sumptuous, sensual, cerebral, intuitive, and ultimately irresistible.